This last Sunday, I was contemplating my faith, what I believe, and I couldn’t help just going back to the basics of the Gospel. And isn’t the Gospel where our faith should start and end anyway?
The Gospel is where our faith should start and end
- I believe in God, the Creator of ME and ALL things, and that HE alone makes the rules, and He is the final judge and jury of my life.
- I was born a sinner and I cannot be good enough on my own to earn salvation (eternal life with God in heaven).
- Jesus (aka. God) died for me as a perfect sacrifice, defeated death by rising from the dead, so that I MAY be saved, IF I believe in Him and place my faith in Him.
- IF I accept God’s FREE Gift of grace, through faith, I am saved and will live forever with God in heaven.
- Anyone who rejects Jesus (aka. God, the rule maker, judge, and jury) will perish in Hell, separated from the God they willingly and voluntarily chose to reject.
And of course, as an expression of my faith, I should now go out and DO what God calls me to do…love Him and love others. (Mark 12:29-31).
So, where are you at with your faith? Have you ever gotten lost in the details? My encouragement and prayer for you is to meditate on the Gospel…the basics. Let me know if this helps you.